For most people, the exposure to static magnetic fields is considered very safe. Probably the most serious risk is for those who have a pacemaker. In fact, one published study stated that small Neodymium magnets (around 10mm in size) needed to be as close as 3cm (just over an inch) to interfere with a pacemaker. Here is a comprehensive list of warnings…
Magnetic Therapy Contraindications…
IF YOU HAVE chest pain, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of an ischemic attack or heart attack do not use static magnets until you have been seen by a physician. If you suspect an UNDERLYING MEDICAL PROBLEM, or your pain is severe and cannot be relieved with the use of static magnets, please consult your health care provider.
- Do not use if your doctor has advised against the use of magnetic devices.
- Do not wear Q Magnets near sensitive medical equipment or implants such as pacemakers, dorsal column stimulators, infusion pumps, or any other magnetically programmable medical devices.
- Do not use over transdermal patches.
- Do not use Q Magnets on pregnant women.
- Do not use Q Magnets directly on the skin under-neath a heat pack as they can become very hot.
- Do not apply Q Magnets to an open wound, however they can be used over the dressing.
- This product is not a replacement for professional medical treatment.
- If you are uncertain if these contraindications apply to you, consult your health care professional prior to use
- Take care when handling multiple Q Magnets, especially the larger models, bring them together very slowly. Try not to allow them to snap together magnet to magnet as they can pinch your skin. They come with a white plastic separator which can be used to safely store them.
- To separate Q Magnets that are stuck together, use a sliding or shearing force. Pulling them directly apart requires strong force.
- Take extreme care to prevent any strong magnet from being swallowed by an animal or child. This is particularly dangerous if more than one are ingested as it can lead to bowel perforation and the need for surgery if they stick together while transiting through the digestive tract.
- Do not place Q Magnets near computers, computer monitors, computer floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic access cards, audiocassettes or video tapes. Do not place on or near sensitive mechanical or electrical equipment. As with any magnet, it may damage them.
- Tape and other adhesives can cause skin irritation in isolated cases.
- If skin irritation develops due to allergic reaction to the device or the tape, discontinue use and or consult a health care provider.
- Vitamin E applied to the skin prior to use (remove excess for adhesive to stick) will assist in providing relief from and/or preventing skin irritation.
- If skin irritation or skin break down develops due to the adhesive, consult your health care provider.
- Changing the tape frequently every 2-5 days will assist in preventing skin irritation.
- After removing the devices, please clean the skin and dry well before reapplying.
- Your skin may react to the smaller silver or gold plated Q Magnets as with some jewelry. Precautions can be taken by first testing for a short period on your skin. If there is an allergic reaction, a barrier can be created by coating the Q Magnet with nail polish or lacquer. Please contact us for alternative applications.
Metal implants such as titanium:
Fortunately titanium is paramagnetic, which means that in the presence of strong magnetic field, there will be a very weak attractive force. The forces involved require delicate equipment to detect and separation caused by layers of skin, adipose and muscle tissue further diminish any effects.
So in summary, it is highly unlikely that there will be any noticeable interaction between Q Magnets and titanium implants.
Some metal implants have a greater ferrous (iron) component. In these cases, it is possible to have a noticeable effect. Check with your doctor if unsure and you can also test the magnet right next to the implant to see if you can detect any forces.
Leave a Comment
Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register